Advertisement

AFP: Firefights still break out in Marawi City

Some firefights still break out between government forces and Maute stragglers in Marawi City.

Army Colonel Romeo Brawner Jr. says, these incidents still happen as soldiers conduct clearing operations in the main battle area.

Nevertheless, he reports that about four thousand residents have returned to nine barangays previously occupied by Maute terrorists.

He says, more evacuees are set to go home this week in ten more barangays.

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) announced the end of combat operations in Marawi City last October 23.

President Rodrigo Duterte announced the liberation of the city from Maute terrorists last October 17.

 

Topics: Marawi , evacuees , AFP , Maute
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement